- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
A Fabulous 4 Days in Namibia. Just enough to get refreshed.
Explore the Namib Coast & Sossusvlei on an amazing desert adventure. Enjoy the best seafood in Africa in Swakopmund and the bizarre desert meets sea; and head deep into the heart of the stark, exquisite Sossusvlei.
The tour is facilitated by an exclusive LGBTQ Namibian operator.
Fly to Walvis Bay from either Cape Town or Johannesburg. Transfer from the airport to Swakopmund.
In the afternoon you will have time to explore this quaint seaside town on foot and your guide will be happy to recommend a good restaurant for your evening meal (at your own expense).
Overnight accommodation on a twin share basis with en-suite facilities.
Desert Camp, Sesriem
After breakfast you can join an optional activity such as the sand boarding which takes you into the coastal dune fields, or explore many of the other wonderful opportunities on offer in Swakopmund.
A safari vehicle will leave Swakopmund at 12h00 and drive you via Kuiseb Pass and Gaub Pass, stopping for a leg stretch at the Tropic of Capricorn, before continuing on to Solitaire and our camp.
We arrive at our camp late afternoon and have a chance to relax and enjoy the views before taking a short walk for sunset looking over the Naukluft mountain range.
Overnight is based in twin rooms or permanent tents with en-suite bathroom facilities.
Dinner prepared by your guide.
[Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included]
We depart at dawn from the lodge to arrive at the park gate for sunrise. We drive down an ancient river bed surrounded by towering dunes where we will switch vehicles from a 2x4 to a 4x4.
We then shuttle into the Sossusvlei area and head into Dead Vlei with its large expanse of bleached cracked clay and skeletal camel thorn trees, contrasting with a backdrop of huge dunes with their ever-changing colours.
After a hike we head to Sossusvlei and enjoy a tasty brunch prepared by your guide to give you energy to climb and explore the famed Sossusvlei Dunes. We explore this unique area on foot before catching the 4x4 shuttle back to our vehicle.
As we drive back to our accommodation we will stop at the famous Dune 45 and climb this dune if we wish or just wander around the base. We return to Sesriem and visit the nearby Sesriem Canyon, one of the few permanent water sources before arriving back at our lodge late afternoon to watch the sunset over this spectacular desert.
Overnight in twin share rooms or permanent tents with en-suite bathrooms. Dinner prepared by your guide.
[Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner included]
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before heading to Solitaire, a sanctuary for cheetahs that cannot be released back into the wild. Enjoy a 1 hour drive in a 4x4 vehicle with an experienced guide for an educational tour where you can learn about and photograph these beautiful animals.
We return to Windhoek via Bullsport and Rehoboth, arriving late afternoon where you will be dropped at your accommodation.
The evening is yours to explore Windhoek and enjoy dinner at a local restaurant of your choice.
An early morning transfer to the airport to return home.
The package includes:
- Return airfare with estimated airport taxes from either Cape Town or Johannesburg (if selected)
- Transport in a custom built safari vehicle
- 4 nights’ accommodation in twin share rooms with en-suite bathrooms as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- National park entry fees (1 day Sossusvlei)
- Excursion into Sossusvlei (including 4x4 shuttle)
- Cheetah tracking activity at Solitaire
- Airport Transfers/Pick up/and drop off within Windhoek city limits
- Sleeping bags or bath towels are not necessary but please bring swim wear and pool towels, especially during the summer months.
- This budget safari is semi-participation you will be asked to help with light kitchen duties.
- Visas is required
- Travel Insurance (mandatory)
- Personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned in the package
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
In case of cancellation of the booking, the following rules apply:
• Less than 30 days before start date: no deposit or fees will be refunded.
• Between 30 and 60 days before the start date: Refund of 50% of the fees.
• More than 60 days before the start date: Full refund of the fees, less bank charges incurred.
T&C’s Apply. E&OE.